1. Al Parkinson - Like This: Al's Parlour Gig in Port Melbourne a few weeks ago was a gem. This song is a tiny miracle. So heartfelt and simple.
2. Brendan Welch - Dancing On My Own: Brendan played one of the first Parlour Gigs in January. It was a truly memorable gig - you could feel every note he sang in Stace & Simon's living room in Collingwood on that balmy evening. This cover of Robyn's monster hit is more of a slow dance - but man, is it beautiful.
3. Ben Whiting - Wildflower: Super cool. What a great voice this guy has. Ben Whiting's Parlour Gig in Northcote last week was a lazy sun and sangria soaked afternoon. His laid back, folky tunes complimented the afternoon perfectly.
4. Rowena Wise - Words: If we had to choose a favourite Parlour Gig so far, it would be Rowena's in Carlton North last month. Our host, Elsa, transformed her back yard into an enchanting fairy garden - complete with candles hanging from a huge fig tree. Knocked it out of the park. Wow. To top it all off, Rowena gave us a truly exceptional performance. Her songs and voice are like nothing else. One to watch.
5. Tom Dockray - Comedown Town: Tom is a Parlour favourite. His flawless finger-picked, bluesy guitar playing works a treat with his punchy, 'way down south' singing voice. The songs are hilarious too. Comedown Town is one of his best. Check out Beer, Blues n' BBQ - that was one hell of a show.
6. Voix D'or - Fools Rush In: Watching Voix D'or play in the rain, out the back of Claire's house recently was truly special. Members of the audience fished around and somehow found enough umbrella's to shelter everybody from the downpour. Their entire debut album is stunning, but we seem to keep coming back to this tune.
7. Amistat - Humble Hands: Plenty of people are catching onto these guys. Like this one, all their songs are heartfelt and delicate, but always powerful. About 40 people squeezed into Chris Pollard's tiny apartment in Prahran recently for an evening of hushed, acoustic/folk and some very funny story telling.
8. Laura Jean - First Love Song: Laura's Parlour Gig in Carlton North on Valentines Day was a real treat. Hosts, Giuls & Jess did such a beautiful job in curating the perfect setting for Laura's music. Her songs are so detailed and personal - short stories intricately woven into heartfelt melodies that ring true. First Love Song showcases her unique voice and songwriting abilities.